CHARLES JIANG’S CAMPAIGN PLATFORM
As a community and business leader in Markham Ward 2, Charles knows what it takes to build a successful and inclusive environment for everyone; that’s why he’s running for Markham’s residents and our collective future.
- I will fight in city council to keep illegal border crossers from coming to Markham;
- I will continue my involvement with the Neighbour Watch Program to keep the community safe;
- I will have zero tolerance for cannabis retail stores within 8KM of any school;
- I will fight to keep public transit moving along Hwy 7 and 16th Ave;
- I will fight to keep property taxes low.
Charles is committed to:
- Working together to create a safe and secure community; promoting open communication between government and residents
- Resisting the placement of asylum seekers, opening of cannabis stores, and establishment of supervised drug injection facilities
- Promoting better transportation services and improving the efficiency of the transit system
- Striving for better facilities and funding for senior related activities, providing access for training and employment opportunities for Markham youths
- Calling for reduction on property tax